Thursday, November 6, 2014

Stop-Motion Character Animation

For this video, I shot this using kneaded eraser, my phone camera, my mic stand, and lots of tape. I used the mic stand and tape to make a kind of DIY tripod for my phone so that I could keep it there for the most part in a relatively similar shot. The reason being for using kneaded eraser for my character is that, kneaded eraser can keep its form very well and also has a bit of a stick to it, animating movement is not as difficult as it would seem. I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted my character to be doing, so I kind of just looked right in front of me and thought that it'd be fun if my character discovered that it had the power to make things disappear and then proceeded to clean my cluttered desk. For this animation I decided to take a direct approach and decided to animate this straight ahead, allowing me flexibility to play with my character as I saw fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment