Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Stop Motion Animation of Falling


For this assignment, I'll be honest I looked around to find the most interesting object that I could find to animate, just for the sake of thinking, "Oh, that'd be fun." The prep work that went into this before shooting it all was drawing out a basic plan of how I wanted the object to move in the kind of space that I was providing it. During this process I took into account the properties of the forces acting on the object that we have learned during this class. To me, I thought a challenge would be to make the object that I was "dropping" to act a lot more bouncier than its structure would suggest, I'll be frank I don't think I really achieved the look that I was going for, but I am still relatively content with the results. Once the drawings had been laid out, I set out and made a DIY down-shooter with my mic stand, my camera phone, and some tape. From there I used the framing of the camera as my stage for my object and had it bounce around in that environment, trying to roughly follow the layout that I had provided myself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment